Madrid, 18th November 2021
Movistar+ and Amazon have consolidated their partnership to include Prime Video in the user experience of the Movistar+ platform. This new value proposition from the Movistar service, which is already used by more than 3.75 million households in Spain, has already been launched in a deployment progressive to be completed on November 24th.
Movistar+ customers with a Prime subscription will be able to access Prime Video easily without leaving the service. Both the application and the content of Prime Video are thus added to the Movistar+ offering. The extensive catalogue of films, documentaries, series and programmes includes the recently released original films Cinderella and The Tomorrow War, Spanish programmes such as G.E.O. Beyond Limits, LOL: Si te ríes, pierdes, La leyenda de Sergio Ramos, El Cid (S2), and El internado: Las cumbres (S1), as well as Amazon Exclusive sports productions such as Maradona: Sueño bendito, Rafa Nadal Academy, Otra forma de entender la vida or Fernando Torres: The Last Symbol, and internationally acclaimed series such as The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Fleabag and recent Emmy nominations The Boys and The Underground Railroad.
Customers of Movistar+ with STB UHD will be able to explore the Prime Video catalogue through the decoder’s own interface, either in the different sections or using the search engine, offering a complete multiplatform experience from a single device. Movistar+ thus reaffirms its status as one of the most comprehensive entertainment services in the Spanish market.
This new partnership between Movistar+ and Prime Video joins those the former has already established with other global streaming services such as Netflix, Disney+, and DAZN, and Spanish operators such as LaLigaSports TV, ATRESplayer Premium and Mitele. Movistar+ thus provides its customers with a single convenient gateway to an integrated entertainment experience.
According to Cristina Burzako, the CEO of Movistar+: “With the inclusion of Prime Video we are fulfilling our goal of offering our customers the best possible content proposition, encompassing both our own and other operators’ content, as well as providing them with simple and convenient access via a single gateway”.
“We are delighted to offer the Prime Video experience to Movistar+ customers across Spain” stated Barry Furlong, Vice President, Prime Video Europe. “Our goal is to extend Prime Video’s broad catalogue of Amazon Original and Exclusive series and movies to a wide audience, and Movistar+ is a great partner to bring us closer to that objective”.
Note’s to editor: Prime membership has an annual cost of €36, which includes a 30-day free trial period for new members, or a monthly cost of €3.99. Customers can subscribe at amazon.com/prime.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sport related content—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
• Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals, other exclusives, and more. Enjoy Spain-produced Amazon Originals like El Cid, La leyenda de Sergio Ramos, La Templanza, or LOL: Si te ríes, pierdes; U.S. hits like The Boys, One Night in Miami…, Sound of Metal, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Upload, and My Spy, plus Emmy Award winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel as well as exclusive TV shows like Star Trek: Picard, American Gods, and Vikings; movies like Coming 2 America and the Golden Globe-winning Borat Subsequent Moviefilm. All available at no additional cost as part of Prime Video, which is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
• Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like STARZPLAY, MGM, Noggin of Nick Jr., MUBI, Planet Horror, AcornTV, Hayu, Hopster Educación, Vaughanplay.tv, TVCortos, Stingray Karaoke, Stingray Djazz, OUTtv, Qello Concerts of Stingray, Mezzo, or FlixOlé—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
• Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
• Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
• Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit amazon.es/prime.
Movistar+ is the leading audiovisual entertainment offering of the Telefónica Group in Spain. Its proposition includes bold original productions and the best premium sports content, films, series, documentaries and programmes, in addition to the best functionalities and on-demand access so users can enjoy watching television wherever, however and whenever they wish. The Movistar+ offering also includes some of the top international operators with which we have established strategic partnerships in Spain, such as Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and DAZN, along with the Spanish platforms ATRESPlayer and Mitele.
In order to strengthen our leadership and expedite our position as the integrator of the best entertainment experience on the market, we are committed to forming strategic partnerships with the most important operators in the sector, offering a personalized experience and original and exclusive content that even further differentiates us from the competition: Riot Police, Hierro, Madrid on Fire, La Resistencia, and Late Motiv are all clear examples of this policy.